Microsoft Ex Parte

SpectrumFan SpectrumFan

Microsoft Ex Parte

It is interesting to me that Microsoft would come out against TLPS considering that they have used their products in testing. Ultimately, i believe that they are just trying to maintain a free 2.4 GHz channel and their biggest complains are 1) testing is inadequate and 2) that companies should not be granted an entire portion of unlicensed spectrum.

While i do agree that the biggest problem would be if GSAT actually retained sole ownership of this band, I would reitterate that GSAT is not trying to obtain sole ownership of the band. They will occupy their licensed spectrum and then use the unlicensed spectrum. However, if I were the FCC and trying to optimize the 2.4 ghz band, then I would consider providing the band to the most efficient user. According to GSAT, TLPS optimizes the entire 2.4 ghz band. According to Cisco, introducing a new channel to 2.4 without the proper spacing between channels will cause interference. According to Google, it is not right for the FCC to provide GSAT with unlicensed spectrum, and according to microsoft, wi-fi alliance, BTIG, and a lot of other associations testing was inadequate and interference remains a problem.

All i know is that the testing was agreed upon by the FCC and other interested parties. Also, i know that GSAT's TLPS optimized the 2.4 GHz band because i saw the spectral graphs in GSATs presentation. Why would GSAT and FCC set up testing for a demonstration that has no "real-world value" .... Which side do we all believe?
amv843 amv843

Re: Microsoft Ex Parte

My Take on the MSFT and WISPA Filings (from Yahoo board)
As for MSFT, there is not much new here, except that it's MSFT this time. They BS about following this right along and raise the same unfounded or dis-proven concerns others have. Certainly they are not being very objective. So this tells me that MSFT is currently out of the running as a partner and they likely found out who is (the likes of AMZN or APPL). If it was a carrier company, they'd likely not object as much as they have the same customers, just at level three of the IOS model, instead of level two.

If you honestly look at MSFTs standpoint and think "this may harm ch-11 and hurt two of our big revenue centers (Skype & XBOX), perhaps we should pick up TLPS and let our competitors squirm."

With regards to WISPA, their ex-parte is very negative and sounds desperate, and like MSFT raises the same unfounded and/or dis-proven concerns..

Am I the only one who looks at these two recent ex-partes and think "we must be getting real close to the R&O and the major partner list is down to a very few!

So the s#itfest continues...but perhaps not much longer